Speed - The "Man"
Bill (nickname "Speed" short for Speedracer) has been racing since he was 6, which began with go-carts. This quickly escalated into motorcycles; in fact Speed has raced the Blackwater 100, the toughest cross country race 8 times, and finished as high as third. He won the New England Championship Enduro. After owning 17 race bikes, he had to get out of bikes, because “it hurts when you break things, like ribs and fingers and things.”
With support of the race team and a passion for racing, Bill has achieved top finishes and track records at a number of racetracks around the United States. Speed has won numerous championships in Road Racing and Rally including Great Lakes SCCA T2 Divisional Championship. Speed has won the Ohio Winter Rally and is a NeOhio/Kryder Cup ITS Champion, War Games Champion and T2 NeOhio Champion.
He finished 5th in the Car and driver “One Lap of America” in 1997, and driven a Craftsman Truck, S2000 and NASCAR Cup cars.
He has competed in the SCCA National Championship Runoffs since 2002 and finished as high as third, and 90% of the time top 10% in North America.
Bill is a Pro Driver in Trans AM TA2.
- 28 years of welding/fabrication experience from Lincoln Electric Company
- 30 Year Member of American Welding Society
- B.S. in Engineering from Ohio State University
- MBA in Marketing from Babson College
- 24 Years of SCCA Racing/Driving Experience in a wide variety of cars
- 20 years High Performance Driving Teaching with Tracktime, Car Guys, PCA, and BMW CCA
- Trustee of Neohio SCCA
- 356 car races, 45 off road motorcycle races
- Instructor for Extreme Experience, Tracktime, Car Guys, Porsche Club, BMW CCA, Audi Club, Police Pursuit Instructor and Corvette Club
- Yearly Welding/Racing talks at the NeOhio Competition Clinic
- Speaker at the Society of Automotive Engineers on SCCA Club Racing
- Spotter for NASCAR Team
No master is without his tool. Msports Racing has invested in a true, purpose-built race car, the TA2™ Chevrolet Camaro. Msports uses the Katech Choice 376 cu. in. LS-3 engine, approximately 490HP/447 ft. lb. torque.